Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Anniversary Weekend

On our long weekend, about 1 1/2 weeks ago, Stephan and I went out to Waterton Lakes Provincial Park to celebrate our 5 year anniversary. We have both wanted to go back and visit Waterton in the winter, for a long time, so we finally did it!  We spent two wonderful nights there, and walked around the trails for a little bit, and explored the town in the middle of winter.

This is one of my favourite places in the mountains to visit, and I love any time I get to spend there.

Here are some highlights from our trip! And, as always, I take too many pictures!


Sparkling wine and chocolates - which I ate and drank all on my own

KING SIZED bed.  Stephan was shocked (because I hog the bed and covers) when
he still had space on the bed.

Fireplace #1 - living room

Fireplace #2 - bedroom

We brought snacks along, and I forgot a plate to put my balsamic vinegar and oil on,
so Stephan improvised and we used the soap dish! 


Can you see the people climbing the waterfall?

Look closer!


Walking along the waterfront

Cameron Falls

Hiking through the forests - we didn't get too far without snowshoes,
as we fell into snow up to our hips!

A pretty little Gray Jay

Prince of Wales Hotel


Boat Launch and a "small" snowdrift

This is my favourite photo from the weekend - I love the mist from the lakes,
and the clouds above the mountains!




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! How far away is that? We want to take a baby moon to the mountains but we were just going to go to Canmore. Maybe we should explore new places?

    ReplyDelete