Thursday, January 23, 2014

A surprise at church

Last night, I was not feeling it. I was too tired, I didn't want to go to church. Right now, as our choir leader has taken a leave of absence for personal reasons for the last while, I am both the organist and choir leader. So that means I pick out the songs for each service. And I don't mind in the least bit! This week has just been very busy at work, I'm behind in paper work and tired. So all I wanted to do last night was stay home and go to bed. However, that's not a choice for me right now. So off to church I went, where I found this waiting for me on the keyboard:

A new journal for the year, which I use to pick out and write down songs for the choir. 

And this wonderful card from one of the priest! 


The words inside may have brought some tears to my eyes. And it couldn't have come at a better time! It most definitely brought a smile to my face, and picked me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment