Thursday, August 15, 2013

I am just exhausted today.

Drained, tired, depleted, EXHAUSTED.

We had a field trip with our Before-and-after school kids today to an amusement park, and I am just drained.  It was lots of fun, it went well, the kids behaved great, I couldn't be happier.

So I came home, and had a nap and went to Zumba, and just dragged my feet.  I didn't think I was going to make it through that 1 hour of Zumba.  I was so un-coordinated today, my feet and brain were not connected.  And my knee was killing me (I don't have the greatest knees).  Miraculously, half way through, my energy finally kicked in and the last half hour was great :)

So I talked to my zumba instructor after (who's also a fitness instructor) on her opinion about what I can do to strengthen my knee (I thought yoga, she said no), because I'm terrified I'm going to have my Dad's bad knees.  She gave me some simple exercises I can do with weights and rope at home to work on my quads, and my hamstrings, so I'm going to try those :) Hopefully they work!

Which got me thinking on my way home of how I'm trying to be healthier.  I really have to make it a lifestyle change, and not just something I do.  Instead of fitting exercise when I can, I have to make it more of a priority, more consistent, so it just becomes part of what I do each day.  And I have to make sure my diet matches.  I have good weeks, and bad, although I've been trying to watch better.

So, hopefully I can stay with this train of thought and start to make sure there's time for some exercise, no matter what!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to you on your healthy lifestyle! Making time for healthy eating and exercise is a must! I just got the "go-ahead" from my doctor to exercise again (after having my little one)! So I'm ready to start making exercise a priority too!

    ReplyDelete