Friday, August 9, 2013

What I've been up to Part 2

Here's some more of what I've been up to since last year when I left my blog! (sorry if there are too many pics, I don't feel like splitting it up into a 3rd post, haha!)


I started exercising!

 My new bike, isn't it pretty??  I like the classic style of it...I can ride on it, and sing Frankie Lymon and Elvis to my hearts content and pretend its the 50's or 60's.  Heaven!  I even have a wire basket to hang off the side at the back :)

And I started some hobbies:

This is how the pot looked last summer; the lilies are still there this summer, just different annuals around it.  And times that by about 12 or so more pots, a few hanging baskets, and some herbs (between the front and back decks) and I have myself a little flower pot garden, since the condo board won't let me put in a flower bed.



A christmas present from Stephan, he spoiled me last Christmas.  He got me these, so I could do this:










 And we introduced this to our household:





This is Leo, he's 5 months now, his blue eyes turned yellow :( and he's psycho.  He is named after Tolstoy (my favourite author), and I call him Lev Nikolayevich (Tolstoy's full russian name) when he is in trouble  (Anna is named after his novel, Anna Karenina)

We finished our basement! I'll do a more specific post on that later, but here are a few pics for now:




And we survived this, a massive flood THROUGHOUT all of Southern Alberta (and yes, I got evacuated, but my house is safe!):





another post to come on this event as well!

And, for the first time since living out here, my sister and brother-in-law came with my parents to visit (again, a more detailed post coming up!)




PHEW!!!  for those of you who hung in to the end of this post, that's essentially a quick catch up of the last year or so! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment