Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Weekend Recap

It was a long weekend for us, woohoo!! 

Here in Canada it was the Thanksgiving long weekend, so I had Monday off of work.

Friday was quiet, since Stephan was back out of town for work.  I just stayed at home and watched some movies, did some cleaning.  It was quiet, since my internet died (the internet provider told me the problem was on my end, so I spent a fun 4 days figuring that one out, ended up buying a new router tonight, but that's a different story).

On Saturday I met up with Linda (after I dropped my car off to get winter tires put on) to go out for a small hike in Kananaskis.  There's a lot of snow out there already, it looks beautiful!  The hike we had planned didn't work out, as about 10 minutes into the hike the path fell off into the river (flood damage from the June flood we had).

This is the path.  And there is the river, with no way around. So much for that trail!

So instead, she took me to visit Elbow falls, and we walked a short half-kilometer climb around the falls. 




A weird little cave or hole created by the river, I thought it was kinda neat!



And then we went on to Forget-me-not pond, walked around the pond, and explored some of the flood damage from the river.  After our walk, we sat at a picnic table and had a nice little picnic lunch.

Some of the flood damage

more flood damage
snow covered trees from afar

pretty snow covering the trees


say cheese, Linda!


beautiful view :)
 
 Sunday was church service in the morning, earlier than normal as we had a transmission service from Ontario as the new head of our church was holding a service from there.  After church, I went home, had a nap, did some cleaning around the house (and tried to figure out the router/internet situation some more), and then headed over to a friend's house for the night.  We just hung around, watched some TV and had some wine, it was a great night :)

Monday I stayed at my friend's house for the day, and had Thanksgiving dinner with my Calgary family.  It was a great day, with wonderful people :)  I'm so blessed that I have people to share these holidays with since I'm away from my family in Ontario.

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!

-Jessica
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures! Glad to hear you had a great long weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe the snow!! I know I asked before, but forget but where were you from in Ontario again? Sounds like a nice walk and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Ashley,

      I was born in North Bay, but grew up in Cambridge. I moved back to North Bay as an adult, which is where I met Stephan, before we headed out west :)

      Delete