Monday, October 28, 2013

Weekend Recap!

This weekend was quite busy, but it was a great weekend.

Friday, me and my friend finally managed to find 2 craft fairs that still had room (note to self, if we do this next year, book earlier!), so we went out Friday tonight to Michaels to purchase the silk flowers for our candle holders we are making.  They had a 40% off sale, so it was perfect timing.  My teaching certificate also managed to save us another 15%! Score!

Saturday I had a district choir practice at church, and straight from there I headed out to the art printers.  I was very nervous when I walked into the print shop, but I have to say, it turned out great! I told them I hadn't done this before, and I was nervous, and they took quite a bit of time to explain the process.  They spent about an hour with me, and didn't rush me despite the fact that I wasn't a professional, or spending a huge amount of money.

The first step was selecting my pieces to be scanned, and its a very high-level scanner they have.  They showed me a few samples, and on the paintings you could see the texture and every brush stroke.  They also explained that if I got larger size prints, even though they are more money, then I could fit several smaller sized prints on one bigger sheet and cut my cost down.  I also have to pay for the scan, a cost I wasn't aware. But after that, I own the high-quality scans of my artwork, and can get these printed anywhere I choose (they email them to me).

So, they should be finished scanning them and sending them to me by tomorrow night.  From there, I decide how many of each print I want, and the size.

I actually found this piece when I was getting ready to go to the print shop, it was stuck between some pages of one of my art books, and I had completely forgotten about it.  I'm so glad that I found it, because its received a lot of positive comments.



After that, I headed home, did a few chores, and then headed over to Alyssa's house for the night.  I ended staying the night, had a few glasses of wine and played some pool.

Sunday morning we woke up to snow!  FINALLY!  Yes, I'm one of those freak people who actually love winter, and our first snow fall was very late this year.

I headed off to church, and after, decided to have an easy afternoon.  I relaxed and took a nice bath (in the new bathroom in the basement, its a big 6 foot tub - which reminds, I still have to post about the basement construction - sorry Shannon!!), and read a book for a bit.  Then I took a long nap in front of the fireplace.  I did a little cleaning, and a lot of laundry, and watched some Christmas movies in the evening.  It was the PERFECT snowy Sunday afternoon!

 

 
How was your weekend?

-Jessica

2 comments:

  1. That owl painting is cool!! Snow! Yuck! Hahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great weekend! I wasn't ready for the snow...give me another month or so and maybe I will be. Glad you were able to get things sorted with your art to print it :)

    ReplyDelete