Thursday, September 5, 2013

Blah Thursday

Stephan left for the airport today.  BLAH.  I promised him I wouldn't cry.  But when he started being really sweet and loving as he was saying goodbye, it was hard not to.  I held back, but it was damn hard!

He's gone until October 3rd.  Exactly 4 weeks.  We'll be talking on the phone when we can, face-booking, and skyping.

It was an emotional day.  Work was blah too, and my high emotions didn't help.

And then, to cap it all off, I got home from my bike ride and Anna came to greet me.  Leo was no where to be found. I shook the treat bag.  No Leo. I banged his food bowl (he's a food-maniac, that always gets him running) ......no Leo.  Now I'm getting concerned.  Did he get out past my feet when I went out the door, and I didn't see him?? By now, I'm running through the house yelling for Leo, starting to get frantic.  When I run up into our bedroom (which is over the garage roof), I look out the window and see Leo, BEHIND the screen sitting on THE ROOF!

HEARTATTACK.

I look closer, and on the one end of the window, which we keep open because we don't have air conditioning, Leo had somehow managed to push the screen open (which doesn't open!!!) and climbed out onto the garage roof.  I live in a townhome.  I am so lucky that he didn't wander down to the end of the unit, fall off, or get lost.  I am INCREDIBLY lucky he stayed by the window so I could find him. I grabbed him and pulled him in, and then probably squeezed him too much hugging him.  And there may have been some tears.

I won't be keeping my windows or sliding doors open anymore, because all he needs is a few inches to escape apparently.

Maybe I should rename Leo "Houdini".  Cat-escape-artist.

Or I could just name him "heart attack", since this is not the first one he's given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment