Sunday, September 8, 2013

Weekend Recap

As stated in a previous post, I spent Friday evening at Spruce Meadows catching the last competition of the season :-(  It was quite rainy, but I had my rain gear, and was able to stay dry. 


Saturday was pretty quiet. I had a choir practice in the morning, and then did a few errands, and had a lazy afternoon nap cuddling with the cats :)  I treated myself to a movie in the evening, and watched the Disney movie "Brave".  I hadn't even heard of it before, but its a cute little cartoon movie that I quite enjoyed! :)

Sunday was church, and then I left pretty quickly to catch the first class of my Fall Bird-watching course.  I got a few good pics, including one of this guy:

Juvenile Swainsons Hawk
 and we saw this REALLY weird caterpillar that was carrying its eggs on its back!


I got a little bummed on the way home from the course, as mine and Stephan's song, Everything by Brad Paisley, came on the radio and I started to miss him, being as he's all the way in Germany for the next month.  And then ANOTHER song came on that was sappy, but really beautiful.... "Slow Dance" by George Canyon.  Just absolutely a beautiful song!

After the course, I made myself some dinner, and sat down to watch the Canadian Country Music Awards.  It was an enjoyable shows, with A LOT of performances which featured many of the new songs I'm loving right now (which totally cheered me up).

Speaking of music, I have The Eagles concert THIS WEDNESDAY!  And Zac Brown Band NEXT FRIDAY. EEEK!!!!!!!!!!

This may sound silly, but I've never really been to a concert before, and I have no idea what to WEAR!!!

How was your weekend? I want to hear!!  I hope you all had a great weekend too :)

PS: don't forget to become a follower on my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment