Monday, September 30, 2013

Weekend Recap

This weekend was more relaxing, in the sense that I didn't have a lot of appointments and I was able to get some things done around the house.  Though I guess it could still be considered busy!

Friday I finally just enjoyed a night to myself, relaxing in front of the T.V.  Its the first time I've been able to have a quiet night for awhile!  I stayed up late, watching a couple of movies.

I finally, finally, FINALLY got to sleep in on Saturday morning, and enjoyed some morning cuddles with Anna and Leo.  They never leave the room until I get up, instead they'll cuddle with me in beds (usually taking turns).  Those are my favourite moments with the cats :)

I went for a bike ride around lunch, and checked out the ponds and river by my house to see what birds were hanging around. I've been using Runtastic on my iphone to log my exercise, it syncs it over to MyFitnessPal and takes it into account on my calorie count.  Its a great app!

Some of the errands I did on Saturday including doing the flowers for the Altar at church:



left

right

Sacristy flowers
I finally found a pantry I liked for my kitchen, and so I purchased it and put it together on Saturday night. Its not a large pantry, I wanted a smaller one, and one that was dark to match the rest of my kitchen.  I had been having trouble finding a dark one that wasn't massive, so when I found this, I jumped on it.  Its not a high quality, but for what I paid, and what I was looking for, it fit the bill.  It also meant that I got to re-organize the rest of my cupboards, so that was one happy night for me! All that was missing was the label maker!



Sunday was church and a choir practice (Church Thanksgiving is next weekend, and Canadian Thanksgiving after that!), my bird watching fall course, and some cleaning.  Argo was also on TV, which I had been wanting to see for awhile.

Well, that was my weekend! How was yours?

-Jessica

P.S: Stephan comes back from Germany on Thursday, 3 MORE SLEEPS!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Quiet evenings in on a Friday night are my favorite! Whenever I actually get to have one, I stay up way too late watching too many movies. I don't want to miss a second of that couch time! Glad you got to have one :)

    ReplyDelete