Tuesday, November 19, 2013

It's Cold!

We're in the middle of a really cold week.  Like -27 degrees Celsius cold!  I don't mind so much :) I really do love winter, and the cold doesn't bother me that much.  Don't think I'd be out hiking in this weather though!

I was off of work early because of an appointment, and ran a few errands in the afternoon to the butchers and then the grocery store.

I splurged on Salmon for dinner

I glazed it with maple syrup and a bit of soy sauce.

And added a Ceasar salad, and a baguette with Balsamic vinegar and oil.
Baguettes with vinegar and oil are to die for right now.  LOVE IT!

 And I finally, FINALLY got my laundry done! And the floors! (I was very productive).

Yesterday I got back into my Zumba routine. I've neglected it for the past couple of weeks getting things ready for the craft show.

Speaking of the craft show, it didn't go that great.  We had a big snow storm the morning of the show, and combine the bad weather with the location being out in the country a bit, there wasn't a lot of people there.  My friend did well with her bows, but our Christmas blocks and my artwork didn't really sell, although I did get a lot of compliments on them!

We're hoping that our next craft fair at the end of November, which is right IN Calgary, will go better. 

I did get a few ideas from the craft show though, as a few people thought that my smaller 4.5x6" prints were cards (since they were mounted on foam board, they looked a big thicker).  So it might be a good inexpensive and quick idea to make some of the prints into cards, as well as some of my scenery and bird pictures, which I could then hopefully sell.

I haven't totally decided if I'm going to do that yet, but I need to decide soon, by this weekend!  I like the idea, but I'm reluctant to spend more money until I sell a bit of stuff. 

How was everyone's weekend?!

1 comment:

  1. Brrrrr.... I would need to hibernate if it was that cold here!! Yuck!! I do miss Zumba classes! They are soo much fun!!

    ReplyDelete