Monday, November 4, 2013

Weekend recap

This weekend was very busy, but awesome and very productive!

Friday night I just spent the night hanging out with Stephan, cuddled up on the couch in the man cave with the fireplace on.  This has to be our favourite room in the house now, mostly because the huge couch is super comfortable.  And the fireplace just perfects it!  We actually slept down there on Friday night, with the fireplace on (its electric!), and Stephan was so cute enough to put on some country music on quiet for me.  We had a snowfall warning in Calgary, so we were hoping to fall asleep to the snow falling around us, but sadly, no snow until late Saturday morning.

Saturday morning we had pancakes for breakfast.  Then Stephan headed out for coffee with one of the guys while I showered and got ready.  As soon as he got home, we did a few errands such as going to the butchers to pick up schnitzel meat for dinner that night.  (I want to point out that it started snowing while I was making pancakes, and we got a whopping 26cms, so me, being the big freak that I am, was in seventh heaven with all the snow!)


AND, the big errand was going to pick up my art prints.  The print shop actually cut my costs in half by placing a bunch of different sizes on bigger sheets. I was really happy and thrilled with how the art prints turned out. I won't show all of the prints, but I'll show a few of pictures I took with my camera (before), and then their professional scan (after), so that you can see the difference.

BEFORE
 
 
AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER
After errands, I relaxed a bit before I made dinner: schnitzel, dumplings (NOT home made) with jaeger sauce, carrots in honey and brown sugar, and steamed broccoli. DELICIOUS!



After dinner, I quickly cleaned up, and headed over to Karina's to work on our Christmas decorations for the craft fair.


getting set up

figuring out how to put it together

the end product!



We got 6 done in just over an hour, and were unsure how they would work out, but we are thrilled with the end result!

Sunday morning was church.  And then in the afternoon I decided to work on a painting.  This was the end result:

Sunday afternoon project!

The rest of the evening was pretty quiet.  We just had left overs for dinner, and relaxed in front of the TV in the man cave.  (Have I mentioned how comfy the couch is, and how much I love that fireplace?!)

How was your weekend? I want to hear about it!

-Jessica

1 comment: