Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Weekend Recap

It was a long weekend, woohoo!!  Here in Alberta, Remembrance Day is a holiday (in Ontario, it is not). 

I had a great weekend!

Friday I met up with my friend to finish our Christmas ornaments for the craft fair this coming Saturday, the 16th.



After I was done that, I went home and cuddled up with Stephan to watch a movie in front of the fireplace, and fell asleep there.  We are really loving cuddling up there, especially now that its winter! Its the best room in the house :)

Saturday morning I headed out for a choir practice at church, and then ran a few errands after.  I even got started on my Christmas shopping, and this is really late for me!  Usually I'm pretty much done by now. 

Later in the evening, Stephan took me out to a nice steakhouse for dinner.  We had trouble finding a place that didn't have a huge wait, but we finally found a really nice place.  We lucked out too, and got a table right in front of the fire place, very romantic!  I had Filet Mignon for the first time, I've only started eating red meat again the last 2 years.  If I ever had any doubt about how tender meat could actually be, there's no doubt now! It was so tender, that I just touched it with a knife and the meat fell away from it.  So delicious!



Sunday I had church, and I came home to a very angry Stephan and two cats in trouble.  Turns out, they'd been fighting for the spot on the PVR on top of the fireplace, and had knocked over Stephan's X-Box!  OOPS!  Needless to say, he was not impress.  The X-Box still manages to work, but it makes a lot of funny noises so I don't think it will work forever.  The game however is kaput, so we had to go out and get a new one (Stephan plays that one almost constantly).  Luckily, the new X-box system comes out before Christmas, which Stephan was wanting to get.  We might just have to get it sooner than later.

After I dealt with that, I did some cleaning around the house, and then Stephan headed out with the boys while I headed over to Alyssa's and my Calgary parents' for some wine and a games night.  I learned a great new card game called 9-cards, and enjoyed playing Monopoly for the first time in years. 

I spent the holiday Monday cutting the foam board for my art prints and getting them ready for the craft fair.  All I need is the plastic bags I ordered, which were supposed to arrive today and haven't .     :( I hope they are here on time!

But here's how they look so far!




I decided to go out for dinner last night, and made a chicken roast.  The best part of that is using the bones after to make home made chicken noodle soup, YUM!!

How was your weekend?!

No comments:

Post a Comment